Hello World!

Hugop

Documents for bike in Russia?

8 сообщений в этой теме

Hi, sorry to write in english, my russian is not good enough yet, but i need some help with information:
A couple of months ago i got a bicycle as a gift from a friend of my wife, not new. Is quite little for me, but i enjoy riding around, even going out of the city some weekends.
Recently a police patrol stopped me while i was going to the supermarket, and asked for "bicycle documents", they were kinda rude but finally left me away as i had my passport and visa with me. Exist something like "bicycle document"? If so, where can i get it in order of not to have troubles with police anymore?
Thank you very much!

Hugo

Поделиться сообщением

Hugop писал(а) Mon, 07 September 2015 15:15
Hi, sorry to write in english, my russian is not good enough yet, but i need some help with information:
A couple of months ago i got a bicycle as a gift from a friend of my wife, not new. Is quite little for me, but i enjoy riding around, even going out of the city some weekends.
Recently a police patrol stopped me while i was going to the supermarket, and asked for "bicycle documents", they were kinda rude but finally left me away as i had my passport and visa with me. Exist something like "bicycle document"? If so, where can i get it in order of not to have troubles with police anymore?
Thank you very much!

Hugo

Hi. In Russian documents for bicycle are:
1. Bill, ticket or receipt from shop where bicycle was sold.
2. Warranty coupon or book where VIN of your bicycle frame indicated.
Xerocopy of above mentioned documents is enough.

Поделиться сообщением

Alexis78, thank you for your answer. Just a little detail, as i said, my bike is a gift, and the person who gave to me is not living in the country anymore (that's the reason why she gave it to me), how can i do then? Is somewhere an office or place where i could register my bike?
Thanks again!

Поделиться сообщением

Hi Hugo. The sad truth that the Police officers in Russia often exceeding one's commission. Sometimes it happens for take the graft, sometime it's a simple low level of law's knowledge by citizens and employs.

There is NO LAWS in Russia that commit anyone to have and provide any documents on any property (include bicycles) to policeman.

Anybody can decide by himself what to do in same situation.

Поделиться сообщением

Я тоже отмечусь.
In this case gift is differs of stolen with nothing. Pray no one thieve the same bike, because it is only reason to stop you.
As a half-measure you should register you bike in all possible internet bases as yours. It will not waste in any case. Make foot iln social networks togethe. And the main trick - find someone, who make the new passport for your 2-wheels friend.
Sorry for licentious English Smile Изменено пользователем Doooh

Поделиться сообщением

Hugop писал(а) Mon, 07 September 2015 17:20
Just a little detail, as i said, my bike is a gift, and the person who gave to me is not living in the country anymore (that's the reason why she gave it to me), how can i do then?
deed of gift

Поделиться сообщением

Doooh писал(а) Tue, 08 September 2015 12:07
Я тоже отмечусь.
In this case gift is differs of stolen with nothing. Pray no one thieve the same bike, because it is only reason to stop you.
As a half-measure you should register you bike in all possible internet bases as yours. It will not waste in any case. Make foot iln social networks togethe. And the main trick - find someone, who make the new passport for your 2-wheels friend.
Sorry for licentious English Smile

гугль-переводчиком лучше бы воспользовался, чем такой безграмотный текст выкладывать Confused

Поделиться сообщением

Создайте аккаунт или войдите для комментирования

Вы должны авторизоваться, чтобы оставить комментарий

Создать аккаунт

Зарегистрируйтесь для получения аккаунта. Это просто!

Зарегистрировать аккаунт

Войти

Уже зарегистрированы? Войдите здесь.

Войти сейчас